Information & Pricing
Non-Profits & Volunteers
Matthews Alive Inc. is a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation whose primary purpose is to produce an annual festival to raise funds for local non-profit groups and to benefit the greater Matthews community.
Matthews Alive both promotes and support volunteerism in the Matthews Community. Chances are if you see an individual working at the Matthews Alive Festival, they are a volunteer. From our game booths to beverage trailers to our trash collection crew, volunteers represent area non-profit groups. These groups apply each year for opportunity to support the festival, and officially become a Matthews Alive Non-Profit Partner. They provide volunteers to work their assignment for the duration of the festival.
Following the festival, after the festival expenses are paid, 100% of the festival proceeds are distributed to these organizations. To date, Matthews Alive, Inc. has contributed over $750,000 back into our local community. The Matthews Alive Board of Directors is proud to be facilitate such an impact on our local community each year.
Volunteers are the Heart of Matthews Alive
We have over 2,000 volunteers who assist in several distinct areas of the Festival:
- Family Fun & Games – the majority of our volunteers work here in operating the games and inflatables of the festival.
- Information Booths – select groups of volunteers operate our information booths to help attendees navigate our Festival.
- Coke & Ice Trailers – the various Coca-Cola trailers and the ice supplied to them and the food vendors all have volunteer staffing.
- The Community Center – the quilt show and other Community Center activities have volunteer staffing.
- Ticket Booths – are all operated by volunteers.
- The Kids Connection Area – the craft area of the Kids Connection is volunteer staffed.
- Trash Collection – is done by tireless volunteers.
- Operations Teams – from placing signage to coordinating electrical services and entertainment, many of these services are volunteer staffed.
- Sponsor Hospitality – volunteers help to feed and hydrate our sponsors and operations teams.
- The Board of Directors – is made up of all volunteers. The executive director is a Town of Matthews employee and is partially compensated by the Festival.
|BSA Troop 46||Matthews Lions Club|
|Christ Our Shepherd||HAWK-Matthews Naturally|
|Crestdale Middle School PTA||Matthews Mint-Hill Optimist|
|BSA Troop 174||BSA Troop 502|
|Girl Scouts Meck 8 Service Unit – Hornets Nest Council||BSA Troop 39|
|Venturing Crew 174||South Meck Band Boosters|
|Cross and Crown Lutheran Church||Butler HS Band Boosters|
|Socrates Academy Parent Faculty Involvement Association||Butler HS Key Club|
|Butler High School Lacrosse Boosters||First Baptist Matthews Youth|
|BSA Troop 164||Butler Girls Volleyball|
|Pioneer Girls of Christ Covenant Church||Candlewyck Baptist Church|
|Grace Academy||Stingray Aquatics|
|Levine Senior Center||Butler High School Marching Band|
|Blessed Assurance Adult Day Care||East Mecklenburg High School Marching Band|
|Matthews Civitan||Providence High School Marching Band|
|Matthews United Methodist Church Youth Ministries||Independence High School Marching Band|
|Marvin Ridge High School Marching Band|
|Sun Valley High School Marching Band|