Call (704) 443-3100 and ask for the “$79 Matthews Alive Vendor Rate”
Non-Profits & Volunteers
Matthews Alive Inc. is a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation whose primary purpose is to produce an annual festival to raise funds for local non-profit groups and to benefit the greater Matthews community.
Matthews Alive both promotes and supports volunteerism in the Matthews community. Chances are, if you see an individual working at the Matthews Alive Festival, they are a volunteer. From our game booths to beverage trailers to our trash collection crew, volunteers are the heart of the festival. The volunteers represent different area non-profit groups. These groups apply each year for the opportunity to support the festival, and officially become a Matthews Alive Non-Profit Partner. They provide volunteers to work their assignment for the duration of the festival.
Following the festival, after the festival expenses are paid, 100% of the proceeds are distributed to these organizations. To date, Matthews Alive, Inc. has contributed over $1,200,000 back into our local community.
The Matthews Alive Board of Directors is proud to be facilitate such an impact on our local community each year.
Volunteers are the Heart of Matthews Alive
We have over 2,000 volunteers who assist in several distinct areas of the Festival:
- Family Fun & Games – the majority of our volunteers work here in operating the games and inflatables of the festival.
- Information Booths – select groups of volunteers operate our information booths to help attendees navigate our Festival.
- Coke & Ice Trailers – the various Coca-Cola trailers and the ice supplied to them and the food vendors all have volunteer staffing.
- The Community Center – the quilt show and other Community Center activities have volunteer staffing.
- Ticket Booths – are all operated by volunteers.
- The Kids Connection Area – the craft area of the Kids Connection is volunteer staffed.
- Trash Collection – is done by tireless volunteers.
- Operations Teams – from placing signage to coordinating electrical services and entertainment, many of these services are volunteer staffed.
- Sponsor Hospitality – volunteers help to feed and hydrate our sponsors and operations teams.
- The Board of Directors – is made up of all volunteers. The executive director is a Town of Matthews employee and is partially compensated by the festival.
- Parade Marshals – help our coordinator organize the staging area, check in entries, and help move them along the route.
- Volunteer Check-In – these folks help other volunteers sign in and find their work assignments more easily
|BSA Troop 46||Blessed Assurance Adult Day Care|
|Christ Our Shepherd||HAWK-Matthews Naturally|
|Crestdale Middle School PTO||Matthews Woman’s Club Service League|
|BSA Troop 174||BSA Troop 502|
|Girl Scouts Meck 8 Service Unit – Hornets Nest Council||BSA Troop 39|
|Matthews Help Center||South Meck Band Boosters|
|Cross and Crown Lutheran Church||Butler HS Band Boosters|
|Socrates Academy Parent Faculty Involvement Association||Butler HS Key Club|
|Butler High School Lacrosse Boosters||First Baptist Church|
|BSA Troop 164||Butler Girls Volleyball|
|Covenant Day Booster Club||Candlewyck Baptist Church|
|Cub Scout Pack 46||Stingray Aquatics|
|Levine Senior Center||Butler High School Football Parents|
|BSA Pack 214||East Mecklenburg High Band Boosters|
|Sun Valley High School Marching Band||Providence High School Band|
|Matthews United Methodist Church Youth Ministries||Independence High School Band|
|Matthews South Charlotte Homeschool Key Club||Marvin Ridge High School Band|